RE: them responses to "them engineers"

Subject: RE: them responses to "them engineers"
From: "Edwin Skau" <eddy_skau -at- mailcity -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 11:13:15 +0530

>>>Ask the boss to read something he or she has written out loud. Unless the boss doesn't speak English very well, he or she will probably falter where the articles should be. Then jump in and
explain that someone reading the text will have the same sort of mental stutter.

***There are bosses, and there are bosses. You may be able to ask our boss to bring you a cup of coffee, and then maybe you can't even suggest that he blow his own nose.

First of all, keep him happy with your output,
in terms of quality and quantity. When he knows
that you are on his side, offer to help edit some
non-sensitive material. He will eventually see that your interests lie parallel to those of the company.

In my experience, I have been asked to help with editing and even drafting communication, after the quality of output, and the benefits of clearer communication were appreciated.

Another strand from the original mail dealt with impressing 500 engineers.

WHY?

Apparently, you're not truly impressed with yourself. Stivr for excellence in your work. You will impress those that come in contact with you. Believe me, respect, like scorn, is contagious.

ed