Re: PDF and metatagging possible?

Subject: Re: PDF and metatagging possible?
From: "Michele Marques" <mmarques -at- cms400 -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 14:58:47 -0400

Irene Wong <wongword -at- ozemail -dot- com -dot- au> asks:
> Is it possible to somehow attach meta tagging to pdf files?

If you use the full version of Acrobat (formerly known as Acrobat
Exchange), you can attach information to pre-defined document
information fields: title, subject, author, keywords. I believe that if
you are using Acrobat Catalog to index your PDF files, that this
information is available to the users when they perform a multi-
document search.

I do not know if there is a way to attach other sorts of meta tags to
PDF documents.

Michele Marques
Lead Technical Communicator, CMS Manufacturing Systems
mmarques -at- cms400 -dot- com
905-477-4499 x280