Re: Orlando Conference and Exhibits

Subject: Re: Orlando Conference and Exhibits
From: Amy_Smith -at- motorcity2 -dot- lotus -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 08:43:06 -0400

Renee Rothberg asks:

>Hearing about the temperature in the rooms and whether the food was pricey or
>not is okay, but didn't you learn a few good tech writing tips that you'd like
>to share?

Our very own (as in techwr-l, not Lotus) Susan Gallagher gave two excellent
presentations about understanding and documenting object-oriented programming
and APIs. It was like taking an OO Berlitz course - I got just enough
information to be functional in a strange country where I don't speak the
language(s). :-) And, like a good Berlitz course, I learned *useful* terminology
(like be able to say "where is the bathroom?" instead of "My car is green.").

Susan's engaging, well-paced, and humourous presentation style didn't hurt,
either.

You can review Susan's presentations on her Web page:
http://pw1.netcom.com/~gscale/susanwg

Amy Smith, Notes User Assistance Group
Lotus Development Corp.
617/693-9733
amy_smith -at- lotus -dot- com

"In a more aesthically advanced republic, most people wouldn't be allowed to
decorate their own homes, much less design their own user interfaces." - Author
unknown