HTML or HTML Help and context-sensitivity

Subject: HTML or HTML Help and context-sensitivity
From: "Laurie Little" <llittle -at- idirect -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 11:59:49 -0400

Hello all,
I have a sample WordPerfect file from a client that contains links (e.g.
{nnnnnn} ) throughout that were used for context sensitivity to a
proprietary help system. These are throughout a single topic, and not
individual topics.

They want to convert to WinHelp or HTML or HTML Help, but want to minimize
the reworking of the source file. I'm leaning toward using search/replace to
convert these codes {nnnnnnn} to anchor tags and creating an HTML Help file.

However, I'm unsure of the mechanics at the developer end -- can they link
directly to an anchor in a compiled HTML Help file?

Is there a better solution to this conversion? I have many Help and HTML
authoring tools at my disposal.

Thanks,
Laurie