Finder's fee

Subject: Finder's fee
From: KMcLauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 09:43:16 -0400

Yow! My computer informs me that Jane Carnall sez:

> The money gets paid after a set period of
> time (3 months,
> 6 months) if the new employee works out.
>
> I've also noticed that it seems to be traditional for the
> finder to split
> the money with the new employee - after all, the finder won't
> get anything
> if the new employee doesn't work out.

Humph! So, the new recruit gets a new job -- either coming
from recent unemployment, or jumping to a better situation --
and likely gets a signing bonus (or moving expenses paid).
The finder employee (who went out of his way to help the
company and to help newbie improve his/her circumstances)
gets CHARGED a percentage??!?

No doubt, the employer isn't involved in such a transaction,
so the money is taxed -- IN FULL -- as it enters the finder's
bank account, but not at all when half goes into the recruit's
account?

What a rip-off.

Is the finder offered half of the recruit's signing bonus or
stock options? Didn't think so.

You wanna come work for my company, do it because it's a
good company and the opportunity is excellent. Or do it
because we're just average, but your current situation sucks.
Those are your motivations and your profit from the move.
Don't expect me to split the finder's bonus with you.

If you last six months, it's because you and the company fit
each other. You aren't hanging on in misery just because
you expect $1000 (or less... taxes, remember?) from me,
are you?

Gonna declare that cash? Maybe I'll make a little anonymous
call to the tax man. Sheesh!

/kevin