RE: Word Hell

Subject: RE: Word Hell
From: "Ackerson, Allan" <aackerson -at- logicon -dot- com>
To: Michele Davis <mdavis -at- bitstream -dot- net>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 09:42:32 -0700

Here's what has worked for me in similar circumstances, though it may be too
much work for you at this point.
I use a place-holder heading 1, then make it hidden so that it doesn't show
up in the text (of course, if your heading 1 IS the chapter number, no
problem!). Then when I insert page numbers, I format it to include chapter
# (which by default is heading 1). For subsequent documents, I force
heading 1 to start with 2, then 3, and so forth. The result is that pages
are 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 2-2, 3-1, 3-2, and so forth.

Good luck.

Cheers!
Al