RE: Web Software to use? Beyond Press, FrontPage, Dreamweaver??

Subject: RE: Web Software to use? Beyond Press, FrontPage, Dreamweaver??
From: "Sherman, Bryan" <BSherman -at- synchrony -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 13:04:37 -0400

HomeSite for the non-novice! <g> Does require Windows.

Text editor with preview and design mode. Excellent color coding of HTML and
tag references. Shareware, fully-functional 30 day evaluation download.
Definitely my editor of choice.

Have used:
Notepad: good learning tool, I use it for HTML classes I teach, HS provides
tools to be more productive without losing control.

FrontPage: Has a tendency to add front-page extensions to web pages that may
not be supported where you host your site (though that is getting less of an
issue).

PageMill: replaces Multimate as my least liked piece of software. Gives new
meaning to the phrase "put through the mill". I think this line is extinct
(replaced by InDesign?).

Dreamweaver: Fooled with eval a little bit. May represent the best mix (the
PC version comes with a copy of Homesite for text editing). Just too pricey
for my needs.

Bryan Sherman
Synchrony Communications
513.362.5626