Negative space-before or -after in FrameMaker paras?

Subject: Negative space-before or -after in FrameMaker paras?
From: "Guy K. Haas" <ghaas -at- selectica -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 12:37:59 -0700

Gang--

(Yes, I know there are TWO FrameMaker lists, but the signal-to-noise
ratio is much better here on TECHWR-L.)

Is there a way to make the pre-paragraph and/or post-paragraph
spacing negative in FrameMaker? I can ENTER "-8.0 pts" but
FrameMaker 5.5.6 seems to honor the absolute value, ignoring the
sign.

--Guy K. Haas
Senior Technical Writer
Selectica, Inc.