Re: Trip Reports re: presentations

Subject: Re: Trip Reports re: presentations
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 13:29:03 -0700 (PDT)

> I like to take my meeting notes on the handout. That way I don't repeat
> information and it's all there in one spot.

This is going to come off as somewhat callous, but to be honest, what a
person may LIKE to do and what makes a presentation more effective might
be two different things.

I may like to eat lunch during a presenation and can put forth a
justifyable reason, but that doesn't make the presentation experience for
the others any better.

I gurantee that if you didn't have the presenation in front of you on
paper, you'd listen more intently.

What I'm proposing isn't my preference...focus groups have proven the
effectiveness of not passing out the handouts until afterwards.

=====
John Posada
jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com
john -at- tdandw -dot- com
732-291-7811
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
http://photos.yahoo.com