Printing help files

Subject: Printing help files
From: "Sharon Deitch" <Sharon -at- eshbel -dot- com>
To: "TWL" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 14:30:41 +0300

Hi fellow writers,

At my company, we write wizards using RoboHELP. These wizards contain many
jumps between topics (using chiclet buttons), as well as macros that call
entities within our software.

My new project is to prepare these wizards to be printed. This is a trial
to see how much work is involved in taking the Word files, removing the
formatting required for Winhelp, (footnotes, hyperlinks, bitmaps, and the
like) and adding the formatting I'll need for printing (such as page numbers
and page formatting). Ideally, I'd like to come up with the most automated
method possible to do this, as we have over 80 wizards. Additionally, this
process will need to be repeated each time we prepare a new version.

If you have any experience with this, I'd appreciate hearing from you.
Ideas, macros, pitfalls to be avoided, anything will be welcome.

Thanks,

Sharon
Sharon Deitch
Technical Writer