Re: using "Acrobat Tools"

Subject: Re: using "Acrobat Tools"
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: Benzi Schreiber <benzi -at- tradeum -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 06:01:21 -0400

Benzi Schreiber wrote:

> Up till now I've thought that the only way to modify a PDF was by using
> Acrobat (not just the reader), meaning that anyone who wanted to insert
> comments needed the full version of Acrobat (and the license). This has
> always been a headache, because you need to justify the expense of buying
> multiple Acrobat licenses in case people need to comment on a document.

It's called Acrobat Business Tools, and I think it sells for something
like $79 a copy. With Acrobat Business Tools the user can capture a Web
site into a PDF file (something some people like to do a lot of), but
otherwise cannot create a PDF from a document. Other capabilities
include annotating existing PDFs (the feature you are asking about).
Check adobe.com for a detailed list.