RE: Tech Writer screening questions

Subject: RE: Tech Writer screening questions
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Darren Barefoot <dbarefoot -at- mpsbc -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 18:08:22 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks god...I was beginning to think that I was a failure in this field.

--- Darren Barefoot <dbarefoot -at- mpsbc -dot- com> wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> I don't know about anybody else, but (despite my three years as a
> technical
> writer and degree in Creative Writing) I'd pretty much flunk Ms.
> Charter's
> questions. Though, I'd certainly get 100% on Mr. Posada's questions
> regarding style guides and bullets, etc. It's my impression that Ms.
> Charter's questions are largely theoretical, while Mr. Posada's
> questions
> are much more practical. That is, I think I'd prefer to know the name of
> good style guide as opposed to how to distinguish the difference between
> prescriptive and descriptive. But then I've been accused of being a bit
> Machiavellian.

=====
John Posada
jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com
john -at- tdandw -dot- com
732-291-7811
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
http://photos.yahoo.com