Speaking of inserting symbols...solved

Subject: Speaking of inserting symbols...solved
From: Jo Baer <jbaer -at- mailbox1 -dot- tcfbank -dot- com>
To: Framers <Framers -at- FrameUsers -dot- com>, Techwriter List <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 12:28:47 -0500

Thanks to David Watts who pointed me in the right direction. He
suggested Edit > Paste Special > Text instead of just Edit > Paste. That
inserted a character, but in the font surrounding it. That is, instead
of a cutesy little Wingding symbol, I got the letter I in Helvetica.
However, when I tried Edit > Paste Special > Rich Text Format, I got the
character I wanted in the character set I wanted, with no extra
characters to delete.

Thanks to all who responded.

Jo
--

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible
warning.

Jo Baer
Senior Technical Writer
TCF Financial Corporation