Re: Incorporated: Information Needed

Subject: Re: Incorporated: Information Needed
From: Michele Davis <mdavis -at- bitstream -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 20:11:16 -0500

I'm a sole proprietorship and my accountant said that the only reason to
incorporate would be to save on FICA. However, a friend of mine said that he's
spoken with several lawyers who believe that incorporating would alleviate the
problem of pissing off someone, being sued and losing your assets. Good point I
think. I went sole because I had no assets when I was 25, but 10 years later,
well, I've accumulated stuff and now for me may be the time to look into
incorporation.

My thoughts. Michele