RE: E-Commerce?

Subject: RE: E-Commerce?
From: Jean Ostrem <jostrem -at- tdl -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 07:52:10 -0700

>From Bill Walsh's at "The Curmudgeon's Style Book" at The Slot
<http://www.theslot.com/>: No initial-based term in the history of the
English language has ever evolved to form a solid word -- a few are split,
and the rest are hyphenated. Look at A-frame, B-movie, C-rations, D-Day, E-
(uh, skip that one), F layer, G-string, H-bomb, I-beam, J-school, K car,
L-shaped, N-word, O-ring, Q rating, S-connector, T-bill, U-joint, X-ray,
Y-chromosome, Z particle and dozens of other such compounds.

I remember the last time this was posted. Was no one else bothered by this? To me xray is perfectly acceptable, and I've seen it all over the place.