Palm Pilot documentation

Subject: Palm Pilot documentation
From: Darren Barefoot <dbarefoot -at- mpsbc -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 12:06:56 -0700

Good afternoon,

A version of our desktop product is being developed for the Palm Pilot.
Having never written docs for the Palm (though I have done a bit for the
H/PC), I wondered if anybody had any recommendations or tips on writing
standards (do you click or tap, this sort of thing). Additionally, I'd
appreciate any good examples of Palm Pilot software documentation. I've
searched the Web for a bit, and found a couple (including
http://www.thinkingbytes.com/download/ThinkDB_Users_Guide.pdf, which seemed
pretty good), but most of it is scant and/or heinously bad.

I'm not actually developing help for the Palm, just supplementary
documentation to be printed or read off the desktop. I searched the Techwr-l
archives but all I found were a lot of posts on carpal tunnel syndrome.

Thanks. DB.