Re: Managing the Internationalization Process

Subject: Re: Managing the Internationalization Process
From: "Suzanne Topping" <stopping -at- rochester -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 11:29:05 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: <office -at- fxm -dot- ch>

> Not new, but useful in a field where basics didn't change:
> "Software internationalization and localization"
> Emmanuel Uren, Robert Howrad, Tiziana Perinotti
> ISBN 0-442-01498-8

I think there is a new version of this book out... You might want to check
out Tiziana's web site at http://www.tgpconsulting.com/ for more info.

> + I would stress on the importance of consistency in the source
documentation to
> increase the efficiency of computer assisted
> translation.
> ...and sound workflow organization to make a successful project out of a
shebang.

Another big issue for documents is to standardly apply styles, and to use
automated features for TOCs and indices. Otherwise, post-translation
document cleanup activities get very time consuming and expensive.