Re: Ability vs Capability

Subject: Re: Ability vs Capability
From: "Nancy C Kendall" <Nancy -dot- C -dot- Kendall -at- aexp -dot- com>
To: "droberts63%earthlink.net" <droberts63 -at- earthlink -dot- net>, "techwr-l%lists.raycomm.com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 21 Jun 2000 16:23:33 -0700

Actually, my question was mostly a "curiosity question". One of those things
in live that I wonder about when I don't have enough other stuff to do!

If both words can be used interchangably, why have both words? Why not make
the English language easier by eliminating those words that mean the same
thing as other words? Why not use one word that means one precise thing? It
might make it easier for those who have English as a second language. Also,
automated translations would be easier. Oh well...it is time to go home yet?

Nancy