Re: question about recruiters (plus a little venting)

Subject: Re: question about recruiters (plus a little venting)
From: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 10:17:15 -0700 (PDT)

"John Prince" wrote in message...

> I have a question about recruiters that I hope some of you can answer.
>
> I am thinking about switching positions. I put my resume on the
monsterboard.com
> and am starting to think it was a BIG mistake.

Monster is probably the worst job site of them all. We don't even consider
Monster (I own a recruiting company). Too many of the big resume processing
plants use it. Monster also has a "low rent" reputation among decent
recruiters. At least the ones I know.

Try Headhunter.net or Recruitersonline.com or a local newspaper site. Here in
Portland we have an excellent site called Oregonlive that has consistently had
the best ads and we get the best people from it.

As for how to deal with them. Good places will listen to you. Bad ones won't.
If the recruiter does not listen to you or hard sells you - just hang up on
them. Just keep in mind that the next phone call might be from a good agency
that has a really good opportunity for you.

Good luck.

Andrew Plato

http://im.yahoo.com/