Permuted index information

Subject: Permuted index information
From: jennifer -at- metaware -dot- com (Jennifer Banks)
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 12:13:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm looking for a good source of information about permuted indexes.
I've looked through the archives and Deja, and a couple of indexing
books, but can find only descriptions and samples.

What I want is information about usability and readability, why you
would use a permuted index vs. a standard index, and so on (in other
words, I know the "what" -- I need the "why").

Anyone know of a book or other resource that covers this topic?

Thanks,

- Jennifer Banks