Re: Adobe humor

Subject: Re: Adobe humor
From: Bob Morrisette <writer1 -at- sabu -dot- EBay -dot- Sun -dot- COM>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 09:23:55 -0700 (PDT)

Friends,

Here is an off-topic story about Adobe.

I needed to upgrade my five year old FrameMaker to 6.0 in a hurry to
do a side contract. I called Adobe because I live in San Jose.

Adobe: Give me your serial number.

I did from my opening screen.

Adobe: That serial number does not include the hidden numbers.

Me: Where are they?

Adobe: On your CD or manual.

Me: I have 11 floppies, no CD, and there is no serial number on the manual or
disks.

Adobe: Look on the box the disks came in.

Me: Are you kidding, that was five years ago.

Adobe: You can fax us your receipt.

Me: I bought it five years ago.

Adobe: Sorry, we won't upgrade you.

Me: I'll buy it somewhere else.

Adobe: You won't be able to install it without the serial number.

I bought the upgrade from another company and installed it with
no problems. They didn't ask for a serial number.

Bob Morrisette
writer -at- computer -dot- org