Re: Bullets not being displayed properly in a Help file

Subject: Re: Bullets not being displayed properly in a Help file
From: "Maggie Secara" <maggiros -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 10:09:28 PDT

From: ptaneja -at- velos -dot- ssind -dot- com (Prerna Taneja)
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 16:37:09 +0530

Hi ,

Problem time again folks on this lovely rainy afternoon in New Delhi!

I have created a Help file in RoboHelp. Since RoboHelp uses MS Word as the
editor, I have used the bullets, fonts etc. available in Word.
I sent this file to a client who does not have MS Word installed. As a
result, some of the bullets etc. are not being displayed properly. Instead
some strange characters are being shown.

It shouldn't matter whether they have Word or not. All your fonts are in the Fonts directory, and aren't particular to Word. However, you probably want to stick to fonts that come standard with Windows.

Cheers,

Maggie Secara
~Life is just a chair of bowlies
(Mary Englebreit)