Re: Re Fair Cut

Subject: Re: Re Fair Cut
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: Wally Glassett <wallyg99 -at- home -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 18:58:28 -0400

Wally,

I was not aware that the discussion involved a 1099 relationship. I tend
to think of those as independent contracts, not agency contracts. In my
experience with agencies, the writer is generally a W-2 employee of the
agency.

Further, I did not say that the agency pays the employee's share of
FICA, nor did I say anything about withholding taxes. I limited my
comments to employer-paid payroll taxes.

I take exception to your assertion that what I offered was nonsense.

Dick