Conditional text in Word

Subject: Conditional text in Word
From: "Bob Goulder" <tipi -at- islandnet -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, "Framers" <framers -at- FrameUsers -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 17:42:17 -0700

I have a client that wants several small (Word) manuals re-written and
updated. They all written to a similar layout and content and they contain
several common paragraphs etc. If they were to be produced in FrameMaker
then I would use the conditional text and text insert features of FM but,
due to the size of the task(s) the FM is not an option and Word is to be
used (gloom). Can anyone tell me what features in Word 2000 I should use to
create multiple manuals from one template incorporating common text.

I have posted this request to the Frame list as I hope some Framers may know
the Word alternative.

Techniflex Industrial Publications Inc
236, Richmond Ave,
Victoria, B.C. V8S 3X8