Converting from Quark

Subject: Converting from Quark
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com>
To: Tech Writing List <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 11:51:24 -0500

This isn't strictly related to technical writing, but it involves some of the same tools, so I hope people here can help me.

How hard is it to convert from Quark to Word? The person I'm working for just finished a book which is being laid out in Quark by the publisher. He submitted a Word document, and works exclusively in Word.

He wants an editable version of the final manuscript, so the options are either to take a copy of the Quark file and convert it to Word, or to take the submitted Word document and type in every single change that the copyeditor, proofreader, or editor introduced -- if it's even possible to get those.

Any advice is appreciated.

--
Beth Friedman / bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
"The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to choose from." --Andrew Tanenbaum