Re: Subject: Frame and macros

Subject: Re: Subject: Frame and macros
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch>
To: "Chris Knight" <cknight -at- attcanada -dot- ca>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 17:30:09 +0200

Chris,

One can of course see the lack of a built-in scripting language as a
"missing feature", indeed.

However, it is also a big advantage, as you do not have to fiddle around
with a proprietary scripting language, but you can use your macro tool of
choice, such as QuicKeys. Such a macro tool can be used for any other
application as well, and is therefore worth a lot. So, I indeed do prefer
the non-presence of a macro functionality in Frame, as I have one available
from my system environment.

Just another Zweiräppler.

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering
Low Paper workflows, Smart documents, PDF forms
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch
http://www.prodok.ch

[ Building Bridges for Information ]

The lack of a macro or scripting language is only one of several very
important
features that Frame for Windows is missing, relative to Word.

Please tell us: WHY is your department considering switching from Word to
Frame???

I will hold my tongue on the subject until I hear what you (your managers?)
are thinking.