Further to Date and Time formats

Subject: Further to Date and Time formats
From: "Chris Knight" <cknight -at- attcanada -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 15:03:55 -0700

I earlier posted a message about using hyphens (not dashes) in date and time
notation.
I claimed standards support for this, but was unable to quote the standards.
They are: ANSI T1.232-1996, which cites and follows CCITT Recommendation
Z.316,
and ISO 8601 International Standard Date and Time Notation

The following info on ISO 8601 is excellent:
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-time.html

Psssssssst.
You can score points with engineers by being able to refer to standards,
especially
standards that they formally adhere to. Part of our role as user advocates
too.

Christopher Knight, Technical Communicator
E-mail: cknight -at- attcanada -dot- ca
Phone: (604) 877-0074