Tools- Corel Draw, Ventura

Subject: Tools- Corel Draw, Ventura
From: jmaechtlen -at- amada -dot- com (Jay Maechtlen)
To: "techwriter list (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 08:45:27 -0700

Greetings!
Corel Draw is up to V9, and is bundled with PhotoPaint9 and misc. other
goodies.
Ventura is at V8, bundled with PhotoPaint8 and misc.

FWIW, the Ventura community is going through similar agonies to that of the
Frame community.
Frame is suffering from an apparant lack of interest by Adobe.
Ventura is suffering from Corel's shortage of cash and lack of focus. (well,
they run around and spend resources on many other projects, don't always
finish jobs started)

Frame suffers from features not present, Ventura suffers from an abundance
of features not all of which work correctly or consistancy.

As a Ventura (and Draw, and PhotoPaint) user, I welcome everyone to check
out the Corel Newsgroups- cnews.corel.ca
check out the corelsupport.ventura8, corelsupport.draw8, corelsupport.draw9,
etc.

Especially if you happen to use one of these apps, or be in the market for
such.

regards

Jay Maechtlen
Technical Publications