RE: SMEs and me

Subject: RE: SMEs and me
From: "ROGERS, MARTHA" <MARTHA -dot- ROGERS -at- DFAS -dot- MIL>
To: "'TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 11:14:22 -0500

I would never consider the SME my customer. Everyone I work with on a development project operates under the assumption that the end user of our software is the customer. My job is to take the SME's information and translate it into plain English. I suspect the approach you've described is not the norm.