Re: RE. Productivity metrics?

Subject: Re: RE. Productivity metrics?
From: Bob Morrisette <writer1 -at- sabu -dot- EBay -dot- Sun -dot- COM>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 13:40:01 -0700 (PDT)

One of our best writers was promoted to Business Analyst.
His full time job is to make a weeky report about writer production.
Our production is measured by the number of hours it should take to
complete drafts of documents. I'm not sure how they determined
how many hours. Each writer is expected to do actual writing
70 percent of the time. Hours are tracked by a web-based sheet that
shows movement of the document from writer to reviewers to approvers
to release.

I won't comment because you never know who reads this list.

Robert Morrisette
writer -at- computer -dot- org