Re: Javascript Sites

Subject: Re: Javascript Sites
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch>
To: asaini -at- velos -dot- ssind -dot- com (Ashu Saini)
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 07:30:44 +0200

Ashu Saini,

there are several good tutorials around for JavaScript, as well as some
good books. Some of the sites have already been mentioned on the list.

One warning: I suggest that you really learn some JavaScript first, before
you start copying code. Chances that you end up like a sorcerers apprentice
are very high. It has been more than once that we had to fix sites where
people have simply copied code without actually knowing what they have been
doing.

On the other hand, looking at code and trying to understand it is one of
the best method to learn JavaScript.

Hope, this can help.

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering
Low Paper workflows, Smart documents, PDF forms
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch
http://www.prodok.ch

[ Building Bridges for Information ]

I am interested in learning Javascript. Please let me know if there are any
good sites for this purpose.
Also, are there any sites from where I can take ready made scripts for my
web documentation - tooltips, mouse overs, search, etc.