Re: naming conventions for images

Subject: Re: naming conventions for images
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharonburton -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "Dawson McKnight" <dawson_mcknight -at- hotmail -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 07:51:19 -0700

Yes, the ISO 9660 CD standard requires 8.3. If you are not writing an ISO
9660 compliant disc, 8.3 is not required. If you are writing a CD with, I
think, Joliet extensions, you can have longer file names. The drawback is
that it is possible that some older systems may not be able to read the CD.
I don't think Macs can read the Joliet extensions, but my brain is foggy on
this point...

My first tech writing job was in the CD burning industry.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
Anthrobytes Consulting
909-369-8590
www.anthrobytes.com
Vice-president, Programs of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org