Document Control on the Web

Subject: Document Control on the Web
From: "Masarik, JuliaX A" <juliax -dot- a -dot- masarik -at- intel -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 14:05:05 -0700

I need information about any tools that would allow document control (check
in and/or check out) and (possibly) automatic notification (via e-mail?) to
the author about when a document must be updated. The tool would need to be
web-based. Are there any such tools available on the market? Would there
be other ways of handling this?

This is a fairly small doc library..and mgmt wants to keep it simple. I
know we could always use some simple java script to create a pull-down
message on the doc link that might say something such as..."this document
must be updated on Sept 1, 2000"....

Other configuration management/doc control tools that I am familiar with
(ClearCase) are designed more for revision control and for larger
libraries...
Any other ideas?

Julia