RE: Converting Frame Docs to Word

Subject: RE: Converting Frame Docs to Word
From: Janet_Swisher -at- trilogy -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 13:42:18 -0500

"Ward, Curtis (DBS-CLT)" <curtis_ward -at- dbs-systems -dot- com> wrote:
>It has been my experience that converting from Frame to Word is always
>cumbersome. Count on some unexpected section breaks and awkward table
>conversions.I do this frequently for reveiw purposes and usually have to
>edit the Word Doc to avoid a real mess.

Ditto. In my experience, the styles come through, but with not quite the
same attributes as in the Word template. Also, if you have a paragraph
containing word that has a character style applied, the Word version will
have that character style applied forward to the beginning of the
paragraph, and suppressed from that word to the end of the paragraph. I
haven't found a way around going through and manually reapplying all the
styles. If anyone has other suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Janet Swisher
Technical Writer
Trilogy Software, Inc.