Antwort: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: Antwort: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: kerstin -dot- molthagen -at- etas -dot- de
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 08:26:32 +0200

Hi Deborah!

>At your company, indexes in your documentation are considered

>* An essential component
>* A very useful feature
>* An often handy addition
>* A timesink with little value
>* A complete waste of time
>* Other/none of the above

I wish I could find a single answer to your question. However, I'd have to
vote for both the first and the second-last option. The former is true when
you ask the writers, and even some of the engineers. The latter is true as
soon as the engineers are asked to proofread, let alone create, the index.
(Editing the engineers' writings is as much my job as writing my own
documentation, .)

Ciao,
Kerstin