Re: Techwrlrs,

Subject: Re: Techwrlrs,
From: "Kim Forbes" <kim_portonova -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: bryan -dot- johnson -at- motoman -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 19:08:41 GMT

Hi,
Regarding reducing the size of screen captures:

I have two methods, which depend on the program you are using to write the manual.
When I am capturing a screen shot for PageMaker, I capture the image with painshop pro, bring it into Photoshop, up the resolution and save as a .tiff. This reduces the size of the graphic without losing clarity.

When I am capturing a screen shot for Word 97, I increase the resolution on my screen to the highest that my monitor can accept,and then capture it with PaintShop Pro. I save it as a .bmp and fiddle with size in Word. This is the best solution I've found with Word.

Hope this helps
Kim Forbes
Techinical Writer
Children's Hospital