RE: Word, too [was]Does Frame Suck? From a new user

Subject: RE: Word, too [was]Does Frame Suck? From a new user
From: "Maggie Secara" <maggiros -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: cud -at- arrakis -dot- es, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 10:33:33 PDT

Chris--

Looks like you want to get onto the Word-PC list. It's not nearly as busy as this one, but it is full of knowledgeable, well-behaved people of various job titles and levels of expertise (including expetrt) and it's just for Word. You'll probably recognize some of the names, too :)

To Join
mailto:word-pc-subscribe-request -at- liverpool -dot- ac -dot- uk

Archives are at
http://listserv.liv.ac.uk/archives/word-pc.html

From: Chris Despopoulos <cud -at- arrakis -dot- es>

As a Frame user just learning Word, let me say that it's
wierd, too. I suspect the lesson is, just changing from one
product to another is a real hassle.

For example, I can't delete a leading clause, plus comma,
plus first letter of the following word... This is a great
way to drop a leading clause and start the sentence with the
following clause - select and type a capital letter. But
Word expands the selection of the first letter to include
the entire word. This is one example of how Word assists
me... there are others I can't recall right now.
Assistance like this I can do without.

Actually you can. There's a switch in Tools Options Edit. "When selecting, select entire word" Just turn that off.

I think there are answers for most of your concerns (not always easy answers, but they do exist).

Cheers,

Maggie Secara

http://communities.msn.com/NutmiggsGinger
a tasty little corollary to