Request for Help

Subject: Request for Help
From: "Jane Lasarenko" <janel -at- lcix -dot- net>
To: <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 09:54:40 -0400

Hello all :)

I currently teach writing courses at Slippery Rock University in
Pennsylvania, although I spent 10 years as a technical writer/editor in
another lifetime. I'm looking for your help in developing a project I
think is critical to the success of our Professional Writing Track degree: telementoring.

I envision a program where our technical writing students could
communicate with professional writers about the possibilities for
careers in technical writing, about how particular projects are
developed and carried out in professional settings, and about problems
with their assignments. These interactions would take up very little of
your time, perhaps about 1/2 hour per month.

If you would be interested in participating in such a program, please
e-mail me off-list at janel -at- lcix -dot- net or jane -dot- lasarenko -at- sru -dot- edu -dot- I will
provide much more detail about the program I'd like to develop; I am
also particularly interested in hearing about any ideas you have that
would contribute to the success of such a program as well as your input
on the skills necessary for today's successful technical writers.

Hoping to hear from many of you soon,

Jane Lasarenko

"Spoonfeeding in the long run teaches
nothing but the shape of the spoon."