RE: Distributing manuals via the Internet

Subject: RE: Distributing manuals via the Internet
From: Dannette Thompson <dthomps -at- foundationsoft -dot- com>
To: "'NZjaba -at- phi -dot- com'" <NZjaba -at- phi -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 08:38:41 -0400

We've placed a great deal of our documentation (manuals and otherwise) on
the "client-only" area of our web site, which is password protected. For the
most part, the feedback has been positive. The only caveat is that some
clients have complained that they have to pay for the paper and ink (as well
as the "hassle" of printing the documents) instead of simply calling us and
letting us do the dirty work. As a result, we've simply added a note that
reminds clients they can still call us and go the old-fashioned hard copy
route if desired.

Dannette Thompson
Technical Writer
Foundation Software, Inc.