"not technical enough"

Subject: "not technical enough"
From: "Jane" <judydh -at- total -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 14:15:20 -0400

Hi all

I've gone for quite a few jobs in the past, and usually the interviews have
gone swimmingly, and usually for the interviews that have gone swimmingly, I
received an offer for a job.

But.

For those that I haven't, including one that they said they were extending
an offer to me but they just changed their minds, I've often gotten the
feedback that I "wasn't technical enough".

In the context of technical writing as the job, what the hell does that
mean?

Please interpret pointy-haired manager speak?

Jane