RE: TIFF image

Subject: RE: TIFF image
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: jwaddell <jwaddell -at- micron -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 10:42:20 -0700 (PDT)

The background for this question.

I share an office with another tech writer. I happen to overhear her
talking to someone on the phone about someone she knows asking her to
find some way that will allow tiff images to be viewed in a browswer.
I turn to her and say she's not going to have much luck since
something may present an image to the browsert, but the browser won't
be able to render it if it's a tiff, that it must be gif/jpg/png. My
advice was received with some skepticism and I just wanted to poll
others incase I was wrong.

I offered the alternatives...batch convert, plugin, open with other
programs, and now we'll see...

The person she talked to her insists thsat he wants to use only
browser, no plugin, and have it display right on the web page...I
knew I should have turned up the volume on my headphones....<sigh>

Thanks

--- jwaddell <jwaddell -at- micron -dot- com> wrote:
> Quick test on my system (IE4 on NT4): The tiff opened up in the
> default
> program for tiff images, Windows imaging, without asking to open or
> save.
>
> How about batch conversion from tiff to gif using PSP?

=====
John Posada
Technical Writer
mailto:john -at- tdandw -dot- com
732-259-2874

Only in America... do they have drive-up ATM machines
with Braille lettering

http://invites.yahoo.com/