Re: FW: "not technical enough"

Subject: Re: FW: "not technical enough"
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com>
To: "Evans, Amy M." <AEvans -at- wcom -dot- net>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 17:26:16 -0700

Get an advanced degree in English if it appeals to you. However, I would spend my time getting background on the areas you want to write about, for example the Information Technology/Computer Information Science. It will put you a few steps in front of the crowd.

Marilynne

At 07:47 AM 7/26/00, Evans, Amy M. wrote:

Hey Everyone!

This is kinda related . . . but kinda not! Either way, this is my question:
I am a Technical Writer with two years Tech Writing experience. I graduated
from OSU 2 years ago, with a major in English. I am looking to further my
education; however, I am not sure what path to take!

Do I go back to school to get a degree in Technical Communications, or do I
degree? Is it more important to have more knowledge in writing than
computers? (I am in the computer industry!) In our field, is it even
necessary to have a Masters degree? Or should I just pick up a couple of
classes to stay on top or technology?

What do you think??

Amy Michelle Evans
Technical Writer