RE: "not technical enough"

Subject: RE: "not technical enough"
From: "Ward, Curtis (DBS-CLT)" <curtis_ward -at- dbs-systems -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:19:35 -0400

Which is why any tech writing program worth bothering with will provide
plenty of opportunities for internships and include some exposure to tech
oriented courses.

Having said that, however, the purpose of the degree and the program
probably shouldn't be to prepare the student for "real world", workplace or
whatever we may choose to call it. There are just too many variables and
variations. The degree program should provide the knowledge for writing and
the ability to think critically and creatively. Expertise in subject matter
fields can only really come with experience or training outside the degree.

Curtis Ward
curtis_ward -at- dbs-systems -dot- com