Humor: 21 Reasons thet the English language is difficult

Subject: Humor: 21 Reasons thet the English language is difficult
From: Barb <iluvsoftware -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 11:10:09 -0700 (PDT)

A little writer humor:

Subject: Reasons the English language is hard to learn

1) The bandage was wound around the wound.

2) The farm was used to produce produce.

3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more
refuse.

4) We must polish the Polish furniture.

5) He could lead if he would get the lead out.

6) The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the
desert.

7) Since there is no time like the present, he thought
it was time to

present the present.

8) A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.

9) When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.

10) I did not object to the object.

11) The insurance was invalid for the invalid.

12) There was a row among the oarsmen about how to
row.

13) They were too close to the door to close it.

14) The buck does funny things when the does are
present.

15) A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer
line.

16) To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow
to sow.

17) The wind was too strong to wind the sail.

18) After a number of injections my jaw got number.

19) Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a
tear.

20) I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.

21) How can I intimate this to my most intimate
friend?

http://invites.yahoo.com/