Re: OT: Music

Subject: Re: OT: Music
From: Elizabeth Ross <beth -at- vcubed -dot- com>
To: "Humbird, LenX" <lenx -dot- humbird -at- intel -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 16:50:07 -0400

Courtney Love made an interesting speech on this.
http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2000/06/14/love/index.html

Basically, it's the record companies who own the copyright to songs, making
musicians more like technical writers than creative writers, who at least
retain the copyright to their work. This situation is heinous IMHO.

If Napster raises our awareness on this issue, then Napster has performed a
wonderful service.
--
Elizabeth Ross
Senior Technical Writer, V3 Semiconductor Corp.

> From: "Humbird, LenX" <lenx -dot- humbird -at- intel -dot- com>
> Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 14:32:00 -0700
> To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
> Subject: RE: OT: Music