Re: SourceSafe and referenced graphics

Subject: Re: SourceSafe and referenced graphics
From: "Stephen Forrest" <techwriter -at- attglobal -dot- net>
To: "Tech Writers List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, "Skilton Katherine (ism1kns)" <KSkilton -at- ismd -dot- ups -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 11:41:53 -0400

It seems as though you are using one of the alternatives I thought of,
but I think it would have major drawbacks.

If I store my graphics in Visual SourceSafe, and keep an identical
directory structure on my hard drive, I would have to "get" all the
graphics each time I open a chapter file, to ensure I have the latest
graphics. This would probably be unworkable for us. Too time consuming.

Also, there's the problem of getting new graphics into SourceSafe. Right
now, I'm the only one who has Add rights. That could be changed, but it
would still be easy to forget or screw up.

Am I missing something?

Thanks, Bye

From: Skilton Katherine (ism1kns) <KSkilton -at- ismd -dot- ups -dot- com>
Date: Monday, July 31, 2000 9:51 AM