Acrobat Reader and "post-it" notes

Subject: Acrobat Reader and "post-it" notes
From: Gilda_Spitz -at- markham -dot- longview -dot- ca
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 13:37:07 -0400

I thought I'd seen something about this before, but I searched the archives
for this, and couldn't find it.

We use Acrobat to create all our manuals in pdf format. For most of the
books, we want users to be able to read and print, but not to make any
changes. But for one book, we want the System Administrator to be able to
make annotations and then send the annotated version to other users.

I know there's an annotation feature in Acrobat. You can use it, for
example, to add a notation that looks like an electronic post-it note. I
can see how to do this in regular Acrobat, but not in Acrobat Reader. But
our System Administrators have only Acrobat Reader, but not regular
Acrobat. Is there some way to add annotations in Acrobat Reader?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gilda Spitz
Manager, Documentation
Longview Solutions Inc.