Re: Does anyone still use WordPerfect?

Subject: Re: Does anyone still use WordPerfect?
From: "puppy vaugn" <puppy_vaugn -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 13:12:47 CDT

From: thadley -at- ttacs -dot- ttu -dot- edu
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 12:20:39 -0500

David,

You are right: WP has *many* features that are better
than MS Word, but it has, for the moment, at least,
lost the war.

Anyone know why? (Just curious.)

i don't know if this is why, but i am sure it factors in somehow. i went to the university of texas and we were able to get the entire ms office suite for like $5. so i knew how to use word (i used it for all my reports, etc.). so when jobs asked what skills i had, i would list the ms office apps. corel didn't offer (or didn't market) a cheap, affordable, college student version of wordperfect (actually, they kinda did; there was an academic version that still cost something like $50).

anyway - i am sure, that there are many, many more students coming out of college with word skills rather than wordperfect skills. so the companies that hire them get word. or something like that....

puppy

http://www.puppyvaugn.org