Re: Humble Request: Please Omit Original Emails from Your Response

Subject: Re: Humble Request: Please Omit Original Emails from Your Response
From: John Cornellier <tw -at- cornellier -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 11:03:28 +0200

> two types of people who subscribe to this list: those who
> prefer to get each email posted to the list separately
> and those who get a single digest

I'm neither. I get individual mails in a digest. Sort of.

I have a separate POP account for mailing lists. Then I just download the posts when I feel like looking at them, usually once a day. So I get the advantage of the digest, which is that I do not have a DRIP DRIP DRIP of mail interupting my work.

But I still receive posts individually. Then I can prefilter them on subjects and people, wihch you can't do on digest.

Hope this helps,
John Cornellier