RE: best application for taking screenshots (Windows)

Subject: RE: best application for taking screenshots (Windows)
From: Deborah Snavely <dsnavely -at- aurigin -dot- com>
To: 'TECHWR-L' <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 09:41:59 -0700

Glen Warner asked:
>What I wanted was one screen shot with all of the tool bar icons
>active.
>I finally ended up compressing the files and sending them to my home
>e-mail account ... where I decompressed them and fixed the graphics
>with the Mac-only program Graphic Converter.
>
>With Graphic Converter, it was simply a matter of selecting the icon
>on the secondary or tertiary tool bar I wanted, copying it, then
>pasting it into the screen where the main tool bar was, and
>maneuvering the pasted icon into place.
>
>Took all of five minutes for the four or five I had to do this way.
>
>Big question: what package on the PC side of things would've let me do
>this with the same ease? ... and no, Photoshop is not an option ($$$).

FullShot has been my reliable screenshot utility on Windows since 1996. Last
year it was available at www.inbit.com with a 30-day free fully functional
trial download period and a $60 price tag if you wanted media and docs. Try
it and see. An interim period on a contract using PaintShop Pro made me all
the more eager to get back to FullShot when I could.

I, too, have used Graphic Converter on the home system to solve day-job
headaches, but usually just batch-file work. (Now that they've given us
PhotoShop, I find that ImageReady does everything I need in a graphics
tweaker here in the Windoze world.)

Deborah Snavely, Senior Technical Writer, Aurigin Systems, Inc.